November 8, 2009

Macedonia in the Holy Bible


The Words "Macedonia" and "Macedonian" mentionited in the Holy Bible:

Acts

Acts 16:9 During the night Paul had a vision. A man from Macedonia was standing there and pleading with him, "Come over to Macedonia and help us!"

Acts 16:10 As soon as he had seen the vision, we immediately looked for a way to go to Macedonia, because we were convinced that God had called us to tell the people there the good news.

Acts 16:12 and from there to Philippi, an important city of the district of Macedonia and a Roman colony. We were in this city for several days.

Acts 18:5 But when Silas and Timothy arrived from Macedonia, Paul devoted himself entirely to the word as he emphatically assured the Jews that Jesus is the Messiah.

Acts 19:21 After these things had happened, Paul decided to go through Macedonia and Achaia and then to go on to Jerusalem, saying, "After I have gone there, I must also see Rome."

Acts 19:22 Then he sent two of his helpers, Timothy and Erastus, to Macedonia, while he himself stayed in Asia a while longer.

Acts 19:29 The city was filled with confusion, and the people rushed into the theater together, dragging with them Gaius and Aristarchus, Paul's fellow travelers from Macedonia.

Acts 20:1 When the uproar was over, Paul sent for the disciples and encouraged them. Then he said goodbye to them and left to go to Macedonia.

Acts 20:3 and stayed there for three months. When he was about to sail for Syria, a plot was initiated against him by the Jews, so he decided to go back through Macedonia.

Acts 27:2 After boarding a ship from Adramyttium that was about to sail to the ports on the coast of Asia, we put out to sea. Aristarchus, a Macedonian from Thessalonica, went with us.

Romans

Romans 15:26 because the believers in Macedonia and Achaia have been eager to share their resources with the poor among the saints in Jerusalem.

1 Corinthians

1 Corinthians 16:5 I will visit you when I go through Macedonia-for I intend to go through Macedonia-

2 Corinthians

2 Corinthians 1:16 I planned to leave you in order to go to Macedonia, and then come back to you from Macedonia, and let you send me on to Judea.

2 Corinthians 2:13 but my spirit could not find any relief, because I couldn't find Titus, my brother. So I said goodbye to them and went on to Macedonia

2 Corinthians 7:5 For even when we came to Macedonia, our bodies had no rest. We suffered in a number of ways. Outwardly there were conflicts, inwardly there were fears.

2 Corinthians 8:1 We want you to know, brothers, about God's grace that was given to the churches of Macedonia

2 Corinthians 9:2 For I know how willing you are, and I boast about you to the people of Macedonia, saying that Achaia has been ready since last year, and your enthusiasm has stimulated most of them.

2 Corinthians 9:4 Otherwise, if any Macedonians come with me and find out that you are not ready, we would be humiliated-to say nothing of you-in this undertaking.

2 Corinthians 11:9 When I was with you and needed something, I did not bother any of you, because our brothers who came from Macedonia supplied everything I needed. I kept myself from being a burden to you in any way, and I will continue to do so.

Philippians

Philippians 4:15 You Philippians also know that in the early days of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church participated with me in the matter of giving and receiving except for you.

1 Thessalonians

1 Thessalonians 1:7 As a result, you became a model for all the believers in Macedonia and Achaia.

1 Thessalonians 1:8 From you the word of the Lord has spread out not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place where your faith in God has become known. As a result, we do not need to say anything about it.

1 Thessalonians 4:10 In fact, you are showing love to all the brothers throughout Macedonia, but we urge you, brothers, to keep on doing this even more.

1 Timothy

1 Timothy 1:3 When I was on my way to Macedonia, I urged you to stay in Ephesus so that you could instruct certain people to stop teaching false doctrine

The quots are from Holy Bible, International Standard Version (©2008)

Alterntive Buble translation can be found here http://bible.cc/

No comments: